In order to preserve the maximum of useful substances in vegetable pomace, manufacturers usually turn to cold-pressed presses. Hemp oil is no exception, so it requires only seeds of a certain variety to create it. The finished product is very effective in traditional medicine and cosmetology, and is also used in various branches of the food industry.
Hemp oil is a product obtained from the pressing of hemp seeds, used for medical treatment and in cosmetology.
HOW IS HEMP SEED OIL OBTAINED?
To create a pomace, a pancake press is used, where ripe seeds of non-narcotic types of sowing hemp are laid, peeled and sifted from dirt. After exerting pressure on the piston, the cake gradually begins to separate from the grains, and the oil flows out of the working hole in a thin stream. A dark green liquid comes out at first, but it gradually clears up. It is believed that at least 350 g of oil can be obtained from a kilogram of hemp. In Russia today, only three types of safe hemp are grown, although there are more than two dozen such types in the world. Therefore, the industrial production of hemp oil is extremely limited. In particular, the release of this product is carried out in the Altai Territory.Important!Some people wonder why only cold-pressed hemp oil is available for sale. The reason lies in the fact that the heat treatment of hemp leads to the formation of carcinogens that cause cancer in the human body. In turn, cold pressing allows you to save all the useful components of the plant, in particular, unsaturated fatty acids.
The hemp pomace obtained as a result of pressing is packaged in containers and sent for sale. Note that store-bought butter will almost always be refined, so it can be consumed internally and stored for a year on a shelf or at home. However, this pomace has almost no smell, is distinguished by a pale green color and does not have some useful components. However, this oil is easily absorbed and does not leave a greasy film.
Homemade butter, which can be made with a special manual wringer, is very thick, opaque, but with a golden sheen, oily and pungent in smell. It begins to taste bitter after a month of manufacture, and when in contact with moisture – even faster. In terms of taste and aroma, many compare such an unrefined product with grass and nut butter, in which a slight sourness is felt.
USEFUL PROPERTIES AND COMPOSITION OF HEMP POMACE
The effectiveness of this vegetable oil in a variety of areas is directly related to the abundance of important substances for the human body. Hemp oil is primarily known for its variety of fatty acids, which are found in 40% of the product. About 80% of these components in pomace are essential healthy fats that the human body does not produce on its own:
- Omega-6 or linoleic acid – 52-62%;
- Omega-3 or Alpha-linolenic acid – 12-23%;
- Gamma-linolenic and stearidonic acids – 1-4%.
It is believed that one large spoon of oil contains 2.5 g of Omega-3, 3 times more Omega-6 and 2 g of Omega-9. This is a versatile and beneficial balance of fatty acids that is suitable for people even with chronic diseases. It is these substances that provide the anti-inflammatory and immunostimulating effects of hemp oil, its benefits for problems with the functioning of the brain, nervous and cardiac systems, as well as help in metabolism. But these are far from all the fatty acids in hemp pomace. It also contains:
- Oleic acid – 8-13%;
- Palmitic acid 5-7%;
- Stearic acid – 12%;
- Eicosanoic and aicosenoic acids – 0.5%.
Due to such a wide range of fats, hemp oil becomes an indispensable assistant in the diet of vegetarians, who make up for the lack of meat components due to it. However, protein plays an equally important role in the composition of the product – a complete protein with a large set of amino acids. Hemp oil consists of as much as 20% protein, so it is used in diets to build muscle mass and during recovery of the musculoskeletal system.
The toning, firming, moisturizing and nourishing effects of hemp oil, which are usually used in cosmetology, are due to the presence of vitamins and minerals. In particular, the product contains biologically active substances of the B group, tocopherol, retinol, phylloquinone and even ergocalciferol. These vitamins support the body’s defenses, minimize the risk of anemia and beriberi, improve vision and ensure healthy metabolic processes.
The set of macro-microelements of hemp oil includes magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, calcium, manganese, iodine. Thanks to this variety, this tool strengthens nails, hair, bone and muscle tissue. The product also boasts the presence of phospholipids, carotene and antioxidants, so it is extremely useful for aging and aging skin.
Due to phytosterols, the beneficial properties of vegetable pomace help even pregnant girls, since these components have a positive effect on the development of the baby. In addition, such substances reduce the likelihood of atherosclerosis. Even the chlorophyll from the seeds, which gives the green color to the oil, allows the pomace to be used for medicinal purposes, primarily to fight cancer.
It is also worth noting the content of tannins in the oil, which help protect against diseases of the digestive tract, and cannabidiol, a substance not only soothing, but also restoring bone tissue.
HEMP OIL BENEFITS AND HARMS: APPLICATION
- Traditional medicine uses hemp oil for the prevention, treatment and recovery of the body. Studies confirm that the product supports the immune system and improves the condition after serious drug courses, including after chemotherapy. A few tablespoons of vegetable pomace are usually taken orally in their pure form, but rubbing, wraps, and enemas can also be done.
- In massage practices, hemp oil can be both a basic and an additional component of mixtures to soften the skin. The product not only pleasantly moisturizes the body, but also relieves pain during attacks of rheumatism, arthritis or osteochondrosis.
- In cosmetology, hemp oil is used in its pure form and as part of various masks, lotions, balms, creams. The emphasis is on the regenerating properties of the product, in addition, the pomace is quickly absorbed into the skin and hair, delivering moisture and nutrients. Due to the regular use of the herbal component, you can tighten the contour of the body, improve the appearance of the face and strengthen the hair.
- The chemical industry is turning to hemp pomace as a substitute for linseed oil. This component dries well, so it is used to create various paint and varnish products.
- Anglers often dip any bait in hemp oil so that the aroma attracts fish.
- The field of cooking also did not bypass the vegetable hemp pomace. In finished form, this product is added as a dressing to various salads, cereals, pastas, soups and even nutritious cocktails. The main thing is not to heat the hemp oil, i.e. don’t fry anything on it. Many girls use this component as part of their diets, because hemp oil does not provoke obesity (although it contains 899 kcal), but it fills you with energy and removes toxins from toxins. The advantage of the oil is the fact that it is completely absorbed by the body in its raw form.
A unique set of nutrients has long contributed to the use of hemp oil in medicine. It is not only a natural antiseptic, but also a natural antioxidant that fights cancer, swelling, and various inflammations. Doctors also note that hemp pomace raises the overall tone of the body, relieves pain and even works as a diuretic.
- For the skin, the product is necessary in the presence of various kinds of damage to the epithelium. The oil quickly heals wounds, burns, abrasions and bruises. In addition, it is used to relieve swelling, redness, peeling and allergies in case of eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, abscesses, ulcers and erysipelas.
- Women can regularly take the product to treat hormonal disruptions, alleviate the condition during critical days. Hemp oil is effective for menopause, inflammation of the genitourinary system and even helps with bladder stones. Compresses and rubbing with oil are effective for mastopathy. It is also believed that one dessert spoon of this product per day improves lactation.
- Due to the fight against viruses and microbes, hemp pomace bears fruit at the time of exacerbation of various infections of the respiratory system. She treats bronchi, asthmatic attacks, tuberculosis and pneumonia.
- The gastrointestinal tract receives support from hemp oil due to its enveloping effect and tannins. You can be treated with this product for cholecystitis, gastritis, ulcers, gallstones, colitis and enteritis. However, you should not abuse the oil in the process of exacerbating these ailments. Hemp oil treats chronic constipation, diarrhea, heartburn.
- Men can regularly take hemp oil to restore potency and treat hemorrhoids. Also, taking this product reduces the likelihood of cancer in the genital area and minimizes the risk of prostate adenoma.
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system subside due to the internal and external use of hemp pomace, which is rich in calcium and alpha-linoleic acid, which accelerates its absorption. Doctors recommend including this component in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, and gout.
- The human heart and blood vessels receive great support in the form of hemp oil nutrients. This product improves blood circulation, strengthens the vascular walls, reduces the risk of plaque formation and cholesterol levels. Vegetable pomace is effective in restoring the body after a heart attack and stroke, as well as in order to prevent these ailments. The oil helps to stabilize the condition during hypertension, ischemia, thrombophlebitis. It is also recommended to use it in case of varicose veins and atherosclerosis.
- The calming effect of hemp pomace is used to restore the nervous system. First, the safety of the oil makes it suitable for children, who often suffer from hyperactivity or autism. Secondly, adults need hemp oil for neurosis and multiple sclerosis.
HOW TO TAKE HEMP OIL: RECIPES AND DOSES
- If you want to use hemp oil for preventive purposes or for general support of the immune system, one dessert spoon twice a day will be enough. This dosage is also acceptable for children. It makes sense to take pomace on an empty stomach.
- General strengthening of the body and complex treatment of diseases is also possible with the use of one large spoonful of hemp oil three times a day 30 minutes before meals. This course of treatment lasts three weeks.
- Some of the experts advise using hemp pomace immediately after waking up and before going to bed, one tablespoon each. If you need to increase the level of vitamins in the body, use the oil in a teaspoon three times a day, but on a full stomach.
- In case of eczema or dermatitis, two large tablespoons of oil per day are sufficient. To reduce inflammation, you need to eat one tablespoon of oil every day.
The benefits and harms of hemp seed pomace directly depend on the correct use of the product. It is important to know that in some cases it would be more appropriate to resort to external use of oil:
- Try Healthy Organic Hemp Seed Protein Here For burns, the product can be mixed with protein and left on the skin until completely absorbed (or keep at least 2 hours).
- If abscesses appear on the body, it is necessary to combine oil with starch in equal proportions and apply a thick layer to the desired areas to relieve the pain symptom. For calluses, oil is mixed with honey.
- Compresses and wraps with hemp oil are effective for cosmetic purposes, for diseases of the mammary glands, erysipelas, arthritis and rheumatism. It is also allowed in the last two cases and recourse to massage practices, as in sciatica.
- Treatment of constipation involves the use of hemp oil enema. To get rid of hemorrhoids, you should insert a swab soaked in oil into the anus all night.
CANNABIS OIL CONTRAINDICATIONS
The benefits and harms of hemp seed pomace are closely related, since much depends on the volume and frequency of use of this product. However, individual reactions to vegetable oil cannot be ruled out even if all medical or cosmetic instructions are fully followed. With external use, there is a possibility of allergies, and internal use may result in an overdose. If you use more than 30 ml per day, a person will suffer from vomiting, spasmodic colic in the abdomen, diarrhea and nausea.
Many people think that cannabis pomace also produces a psychotropic effect, like the flowers and leaves themselves. However, in the process of extracting the oil, almost all the cannabinoids associated with these side effects are destroyed, so that the danger of hallucinations or unreasonable panic attacks disappears. However, it is better for people with serious nervous or mental disorders to limit themselves to the use of hemp oil.
Contraindications to the use of hemp pomace relate mainly to chronic diseases. With great care, you need to use this product inside if a person has disorders of the digestive tract, disorders of the liver and gallbladder, such as pancreatitis, or serious problems with the cardiovascular system. You can not carry out a course of treatment with hemp oil when using drugs that thin the blood.
During pregnancy and lactation, the drug is used only under the supervision of a doctor. With obesity, this product should not be taken, because it violates a strict diet with a ban on fatty foods.